Monday, May 26, 2014

Celebrating Memorial Day

I want to wish everyone a happy and healthy Memorial Day, and as usual, ask you to take a few moments in between bites of whatever grilled goodness you’re enjoying to remember all the chefs and cooks that serve so bravely feeding our troops in times of war.

I’ve said this before, but it’s the thank-you emails I get from our servicemen and women stationed abroad that I find the most inspiring of all. To be able to provide these heroes with a few moments of entertainment makes my otherwise frivolous existence seem a little less so. Thank you, God bless you, and God bless America!

Photo above is from our No-Bake Cheesecake Flag Cake video
.

2 comments:

Jackie Reynolds said...

Help! I am trying to remember the name of a casserole that had many goodies in it like potatoes, bacon, herbs etc. covered with a spicy tomato(y) sauce and topped with sunny side up eggs.

Chef John said...

Sorry, I've never heard/seen of that before!