Friday, March 9, 2007

Cactus League Here I Come!

Chef John (as I write about myself in the third person) will be taking a small vacation to Arizona to take in some spring training baseball. So if you don't see any new posts for a few days, and/or I don't reply to your comments or emails, I apologize in advance.

Every spring, for about 20 years, I’ve tried to figure out a way to get down to the San Francisco Giant’s Cactus league spring training. Until this year I was 0 for 20. The streak is over! Thanks to a confluence of good luck, good timing, and great in-laws, I’m headed down there for a few days of sun and fun.

Now, since the Giants haven’t won the World Series since I’ve been in San Francisco, and since I’ve never been to Spring Training, I can’t help but think there may be some connection. The way I figure, since I’m going to be down there this year, helping them get ready, they should win it all (beating the Yankees in 7). You heard it here first.

By the way, I’ll try to post a few items from the road. There must be some desert Internet cafés somewhere. Stay tuned and…Go Giants!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky boy! Your R and R trip is well deserved. BTW Spring Chicken, ala Marsala looks good, too.

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip, though the food on the road probably won't be as good as your home made creations. Maybe some Manifold Destiny items to be posted soon?

Chef John said...

I had that thought but I riding in a Prius! I dont think the engine gets hot enough ...lol

childsdish said...

Can't wait to hear all about your trip. When you get back will you share some good tips for foods to bring to the ballpark and some great Southwestern dishes?